Job Type: Full Time
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
We are looking for a talented individual to join our dynamic Keystone Product Development team located in Kalamazoo, MI. The ideal CAD Designer is self-motivated individual who has experience designing and developing mechanical components and assemblies using Solidworks CAD software. The CAD Designer will be responsible for generating CAD models, assemblies, and technical drawings to support the medical product development process.
The successful candidate must be capable of creating CAD models, assemblies and models for the Keystone Product Development team. The candidate must have a “can do” attitude, and have a passion about our customers and patients. This candidate must have great attention to detail, be highly organized with the ability to multi task with minimum interruption to work progress. Have excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to work collaboratively.
- Support Product Development Engineering by creating CAD models, assemblies, and drawings.
- Create and revise both 2D and 3D design models and assembly drawings per Keystone and customer drafting standards.
- Perform and document tolerance stack-ups.
- Work with coworkers and engineers to ensure project goals are met and completed on schedule.
- Support Design Engineers with design verification and validation efforts.
- Support and manage Top Level assemblies.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate’s degree in CAD/Design required.
- Minimum of 5 years of CAD design experience.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks required.
- Knowledge and experience applying and interpreting GD&T.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing procedures and construction methods.
- Excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental and vision options.
- Company paid life insurance, short term disability and long-term disability insurance.
- Retirement savings plan with company match.
- Paid Time Off and holidays.
- Monday through Friday (weekends and/or holidays depending on customer demand).